Monday, May 1, 2017

Artist of the Week -- Gabriella Zello





The City of Light

My artwork is of the Eiffel Tower at night.  It has a mixture of blues, purple, and black for the night sky and more vibrant yellows, oranges, and reds for the actual tower. To paint the tower I used smaller brushes to create the smaller details and wider brushes to blend the colors for the sky. What inspired my work is I’ve always found Paris very beautiful and it was nice to take a picture and create a painting from it. My goal with this painting was to step out of just following the picture and use some of the techniques I learned to make it come alive. My overall thoughts are even though I really like the way it turned out it could have turned out more realistic looking.

City of Light (acrylic)
Down Under (pencil)

The City that Never Sleeps (watercolor)

No comments:

Post a Comment