Sunday, March 26, 2017

Artist of the Week -- Kristine Emerson




The pieces I did is of an owl. The eyes are one of the most dominant features in the picture,  So I call this “Eyes”.  I made this by using the medium of pen and ink. I was skeptical about using pen and ink at first and to be honest I still am unsure of it. The inspiration for this piece is a personal issue for me. A person close to me loved owls and they have passed away, so I thought I would draw an owl. In the future maybe this piece could help me. This is because I may enter it in the Endless Mountains art contest and the Artsfest contest. This would help me for college reason which is my goal. For example, last year I won first place in the Artsfest for linoleum block printmaking and by putting that on applications it can help with college. To be honest, I wasn’t too fond of this piece at first and I’m still not to fond of it either as well, but the people around me say otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment