Sunday, February 26, 2017

Artist of the Week -- Lauren Wayman



This is a painting of a sunflower with white design and meaningful wording. The quote at the bottom left corner is something my grandfather always said to me every time I'd leave his house when I was younger. I took acrylic paint, and blended multiple colors until they were suitable for this. My artwork is to make my grandfather smile, because since he has been diagnosed with cancer it's been hard. I tried to show my love for him, and how much he does for me in this. My actual goal was to make it obvious what I was painting, because it was my first time making a painting. This may not be the best I can do, but it holds meaning in my heart and I know he will hold it in his.

Light of my Life (acrylic)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure this painting is going to make your grandfather smile from ear to ear every time he looks at! I love the depth you achieved in the petals and the way the white designs in the corners add subtle interest! Well done!

    ReplyDelete