Sunday, February 5, 2017

Artist of the Week -- Brian Campbell


Branching Landscape

My artwork is a duck snake that is wrapped around a lot of tree branches and there are two trees on both sides of the duck snake. The branches from the left and right grow into and become the snake.  There is a river under the duck snake that is also branching off into different directions.   It is kind of a landscape, but then again, something very different.  I call it Branching Landscape because it is branching in more ways than one!  The sky is blue with pink clouds to look like a sunset.  I drew it in pencil and then used pen and ink.  Then I used watercolor to add color.  I thought my idea would look cool and it does.  I thought it would be fun to try and it was.  For a while I thought I would never get it done.  Then it was almost done and I couldn't wait for it to get done because I was hoping it was good enough to go in the art display.  I did not think it would come out as good as it did.  It came out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment