Monday, October 24, 2016

Artist of the Week: Seanna Geiger




This project is a picture of two of three pigs on our farm from last year. Their names are Johnny and Alfred. I call this Pigs at the Trough. I've used many techniques to show different textures.

To capture the moment, I used my camera and now it's a wonderful piece of work. The tools I used were an ebony pencil, a 2B pencil, kneaded eraser, and a blending stump.

We work hard on our farm, and these pigs are just a little bit of proof. This project really hits home for me. In this project, I was trying to show how happy animals can be when you give them the love they need.

My goals were to show the pride we have in our animals. They are the perfect animals to make a portrait of, especially when they look straight at the camera.

I learned that if you work harder than you think you can, you can do even more amazing things than you ever imagined. I didn't think this project would turn out the way it did.  From now on, all the projects I work on, I will work as hard, if not harder than I did on this piece.


Pigs at the Trough (pencil)

Sunflower (acrylic)
My painting is titled Blur because the clouds covering the sky are darker in some spots. For the clouds I used the frottage technique to show how fluffy the clouds look. In the sunflower petals, I used drybrush to show the different reds and oranges in the petals. In the center of the flower, I used stippling and impasto for the texture. In the background, I used scumbling for the silo. Knowing the traditions of art helps us to make more texture in our works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment