Thursday, October 13, 2016

Artist of the Week: Matt Nowacoski

This piece is of my sister and her husband at a restaurant the day they got engaged. The drawing is named Newly Wed, celebrating their marriage a few weeks ago. I plan to gift it to them when they come home next. To create the drawing I used graphing and applied details starting with the faces and working out into minor areas. The goal was to capture their likeness, so regardless of how it turned out, it still resembled them in a way. Aside from some mistakes, I think the drawing turned out well and I look forward to seeing their faces when I hand it to them.

Newly Wed (pencil) by Matt Nowacoski

1 comment:

  1. Matt - I think it's awesome & looks just like Megan! I'm so glad you're taking a class purely for enjoyment. You're a fabulous artist & will love the freedom of h.s. art! - JAM

    ReplyDelete