Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Artist of the Week: Maddie Schultz

I really do love art because it brings out the creative and unique side of me. It makes me strive to do the best that I can do. When I was painting this flower segment, at first I didn't really know what I was doing until I started learning some new techniques. Then a bunch of ideas popped into my head. I first painted a picture of a Rose of Sharon. It was the first flower to bloom. Now I am drawing and shading a picture of my sister's dog, Luna. It is taking a while, but it will be worth it when it's all done! Personally, I think I'm much better at sketching, and I enjoy it more than painting, but I guess it will give me something to work on in the future.
Rose of Sharon (acrylic)


Luna (pencil work in progress)





No comments:

Post a Comment