Sunday, May 22, 2016

Artist of the Week -- CJ Ellis



Taking your time and putting your love into what you are creating makes your art personal. I love to play a game called sword master. Those who know me know how much I love this game and winning. It makes me feel strong and powerful. This is one of the reasons why I chose to make a sword for my block drawing.


There are many ways that art can be used. It can be used to make someone happy or to cheer them up. The clay coil bowl that I made and glazed was for a very a very special person -- my mom. I even glazed the bowl in my favorite colors. I like making my mom happy.


Taking photos can be a part of making art.  Fixing the lighting, zooming in or out, centering or off centered can make every picture look very different. For example, I took a photo of a red flower to do my colored pencil art project. I chose the red color because it shows how much I care for and love my mom.


Journaling is a way to work through my feelings like happiness and sadness. A page of dragons breathing fire is my favorite. I can choose to show my work in my journal or keep it to myself. I also like using my journal for trying out new ways to use paint, colored pencil, and other art supplies. 








No comments:

Post a Comment