Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Artist of the Week -- Zach Anderson

Art is expressing yourself. It lets you get whatever you're feeling at that moment into your art.  What I like about art class is that it's a laid back environment where it doesn't really matter if you screw something up because it may turn into something new or different that is just as good, or better than what you originally planned. This year I have made paintings based on my photographs, but I've learned that the painting doesn't have to be exactly like the photo.  You don't have to be a slave to the photograph.


In Carolina (acrylic) I learned that different techniques can come together to make something that makes perfect sense. It was  inspired by my recent trip to North Carolina during Christmas vacation where I spent a lot of time on the beach.
Carolina (acrylic)




In Alaska (watercolor) I learned that it works better in layers. You can always make it darker, but it's very hard to make it lighter. Certain techniques help to improve your painting. It was inspired by a trip I took with my grandparents in the supper of 2014.



Alaska (watercolor)

Romeo and Juliet Sketchnotes (marker)

No comments:

Post a Comment