Monday, March 21, 2016

Artist of the Week: Lizzie Van Dyke

Creating my artwork puts me in a different place and helps me relax because I don't hear anybody. I'm focused on my work and with the paint so I don't mess up.  Being in an art class helps you get your artwork out in public eyes and shows that you are proud of your art pieces.  I know when I do any of my drawings, I sit there for hours and paint til it's half way done.  If you don't believe me, ask my grandma. She always yells at me when I don't eat dinner until eight o'clock at night.  Now she makes sure I have dinner when I get home because I'm always drawing something for a friend or family member.  I have been to a lot of other schools and made a lot of friends there.  In every school I always tried to take art classes.   In art class we take pictures of our artwork so I can show my friend s from other schools how far my art skills have gotten.  
The inspiration for this painting was dream catchers.  When I was 12 years old my grandma and I would go to the fair.  We always looked at different dream catchers and saw the different designs that could be in them.  It inspired me to draw a dream catcher hanging from a pair of deer antlers.  I surrounded that with designs and slogans that inspire me.  I added the swirly coil shapes because I use them a lot in ceramics.

I made this truck painting because my grandma used to own one almost like that.  It's my favorite kind of truck. 



For this assignment we were supposed to combine something new with something ancient.  I drew Sy from Duck Dynasty as a caveman. 



1 comment: