Monday, January 4, 2016

Artist of the Week: Tiegan Stetz


Railroad Sunset (acrylic)

I like to make art because it shows my creativity and expresses myself. I painted this picture with acrylic paint and used a few techniques. I took the original photograph while I was traveling in New York, crossing a railroad. This project turned out to be better than I had expected. It was a little hard to find the right colors, but I finally did find the right ones.
Black-eyed Susan (watercolor)

I took this picture, sketched it, and painted it with water color. Along the way, I struggled trying to get the right shades of green. I learned that you should only do one spot at a time and that you need to make your focal points standout.
Micrograph (pencil)
I used words that describe my life. I also used many quotes and I actually wrote the lyrics to some of my favorite songs. I used my own way of using these words in my selfie. I traced myself from a picture and then with my pencil I used the words for all the different shades. I think it came out good. It came out better than I thought it would.

Puppy Love (pencil)
Casper (Linocut)

No comments:

Post a Comment