Monday, November 2, 2015

Artist of the Week -- Breanna Forrest



Chloe (pencil)



The drawing I did was of my dog Chloe. My dog inspired my artwork. I love taking photographs of Chloe. She is easy to take pictures of. This piece is important to me because she is my favorite animal that I have. Chloe is an eight-year-old Boston Terrier. She is a great dog that is why I chose to draw her. I make art for many reasons one of the reasons is because it is relaxing. I love to make art even if it is just a doodle on the side of my notes. Making art is also fun to me. I can draw whatever I want. I can express myself through my artwork.

Goddess (pencil & colored pencil)




For this drawing I came up with many ideas. I created a list of both modern and ancient. This drawing was complicated at first, but after I came up with a few ideas I knew what I wanted to draw. I decided to draw Marilyn Monroe as a Greek goddess. Before doing my picture I asked a peer if I should do some colored pencil in my drawing. I then decided to do all of the picture shaded, but make some in colored pencil. I practiced doing the red lips on a separate piece of paper. I did this so I could figure out what I wanted the lips to look. Those were the processes on how I came up with the idea of "Goddess." 

Fly High, Shasta (pencil & pastel)





No comments:

Post a Comment